The Man Movie Guide team watches a ton of movies in order to cull the best ones for review on the site. It takes a lot to be a real Man Movie... as our "So what IS a Man Movie?" can attest to. So that means that a vast percentage of the movies we watch for the express purpose of review on the site are abandoned because they're not up to snuff.
Our guide is a heavily curated one, and a lot of man hours (pun intended) are put into finding just the right movies for a full-on review. Well we can now think of a few big problems with the way things have worked up until now:
1) You might be curious about a movie and just assume we haven't seen it. Well guess what? WE HAVE! Now we can tell you where things go right and things go wrong with the whole thing.
2) In the conceivable near future we will be asked to review movies by filmmakers and/or studios. What if the movie's not good enough? We're not gonna just be nice and call it a Man Movie because we watched it for the site. We don't care about anybody's feelings, but we do like free movies and/or money. So now we have a way of espousing a movie without fully endorsing it.
3) One of the worst things about some of these bad or almost-bad movies is the time taken from the running counter of life that we will never get added back. So bad enough 'Movie X' isn't worthy of a true Man Movie review, but now we don't even get a posting out of it? Frankly, we think that's bullshit. We are lazy people. Why should we have to sit through 12 hours of film in order to get one review when we can sit through just an hour and a half?!
And there you have it, our idea for "Not Quite There". The way it will be laid out is as follows:
- Movie Title (that's the name of the movie)
- Trailer (so you can see said movie in action-ish)
- "Going For It" (a list of the pros for this movie as a Man Movie and anything else notably good in it)
- "The Case Against" (a list of what is holding it back from being a true Man Movie)
- "MMG Says..." (a recap of the movie and any relevant information)
As always, we are mad scientists with the site and even our own posts. If you have any feedback, we would love to hear it.
Vaya con dios!